The Broome Street Academy Charter High School will prepare our young people for post-secondary success that leads to positive life outcomes. We value student strengths and will provide multiple pathways to success through a curriculum of rigorous academic, career and social instruction grounded in the principles of positive youth development. We value a learning environment that fosters learning by developing students’ strengths and providing a safe and supportive setting.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Provide individual and group counseling and case management for grades 9 – 12
- Prepare all treatment plans and case notes
- Provide mandated counseling for students with Individualized Education Plans (IEP) and adhere to the goals
- Attend all IEP meetings for students and care giver meetings
- Serve as part of a crisis team to respond to all crisis in the building in close coordination with the team
- Follow crisis situations and maintain constant supervision of student experiencing crisis in the building
- Thoroughly assess students for suicidal ideation, homicidal ideation and other risk factors
- Evaluate the total scope of the student for family therapeutic referrals and follow-up
- Maintain communication and rapport with students, staff, and caregivers; develop and facilitate support groups
- Work with teachers to address the individual needs of students
- Supervise large and small groups of students inside and outside of the classroom, including hallways
- Keep students on task and give feedback about performance during sessions
- Attend after school activities and yearly trips
- Confer with caregivers and outside agencies as needed around issues related to functioning of youth
- Collaborate with The Door’s Counseling Center for students who utilize those services and also receive IEP-mandated counseling
- Supervise social work interns and complete SIFI training
What We Are Looking For:
- You have an MSW.
- You have 3+ years of clinical experience in a mental health or school setting treating adolescents.
- You are skilled in engaging and diffusing crises.
- You engage with adolescents, families, professionals and other personnel from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with time limited treatment approaches preferred
- You know that communication is key.
- A huge plus if you are bilingual in English/Spanish.
Why You Should Join Our Team:
- You want to empower students
- 403(b) Pension Plan through Mutual of America
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Life/LTD Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
- Summer vacations!
FTE: 40 hrs/Week
Contact: Submit cover and resume to APPLY
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.