University Settlement, The Door & Broome Street Academy serves over 40,000 people of all ages, from infants to senior citizens throughout our multi-racial and multi-ethnic community. Our programs work together to provide each person and every family with the practical and personal tools they need to reach their potential and attain true self-sufficiency. . All of the organizations provide services in a diverse and caring environment.
The Development Department, responsible for annual and special giving campaigns; special events productions; foundation, government and corporate giving; marketing and public relations; and social media initiatives seek an energetic and creative intern to join its team.
- Assist Development Department with daily office tasks including, data entry and database management using Raiser’s Edge software
- Assist with editing and proofreading of proposals, publications, and promotional materials/documents as necessary
- Support the Coordinator of Special Events and Individual Giving to advance fundraising surrounding The Door’s Fall benefit, including generating collateral, events software solutions, registration assistance, timelines, research and sponsor outreach as needed
- Opportunity to prospect potential funders for Foundation and Government support across the organizations
- Support the Communications team in public relations research
- Assist with special projects as necessary
- Must have Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from accredited institution or be currently enrolled at a college or university
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills (use of MS Office Suite, ability to learn Raiser’s Edge database and fundraising software, internet research)
- Ability to work independently, and also serve as an effective member of a highly organized team
- Ability to work with community members, community organizations and University Settlement, The Door and Broome Street Academy employees
Submit cover letter and resume and APPLY HERE
The Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer/ Program.
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.