The Door empowers young people to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports, and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof.
The Door’s Career and Education Services Department in Soho and the South Bronx support young people in completing secondary education and successfully transitioning into post-secondary education and employment. As the Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction, you will serve as an organizational expert in all aspects of teaching and learning. You will assist in the management of the program, provide leadership and direction including, contractual performance and program budgets. You will model successful instructional practices to guide a team ensuring that they are growing as educators. You will be responsible for preparing reports and attending meetings related to program development with a specific focus on changes to the TASC exam and Common Core Standards dictated by the state.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Coordinate and oversee all instructional and administrative aspects of the program
- Ensure that curriculum development and teaching methods meet the needs of diverse learners and are aligned with standards of learning and meet the expectations and benchmarks set by funders
- Design curricula aimed at providing an opportunity for youth with the necessary skills required to meet their goals,
- Provide classroom instruction as needed
- Provide remote instruction and guidance for staff and participants.
- Oversee instructional staff, including the design and implementation of professional development and training
- Coordinate program evaluation and quality assurance activities, including regular assessment of participant progress
- Develop and implement a variety of qualitative and quantitative participant assessments and integrate assessment techniques into program curricula
- Manage student assessment data using database technologies, student portfolios, and other methods
- Oversee maintenance of participant files and ensure proper collection of documents
- Develop, implement, and maintain data collection systems t
- Manage contracts and serve as the liaison to funders and networking groups
- Work with Door staff and cultivate relationships with outside organizations and agencies
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary staff in the development and facilitation of agency-wide programming and events
- Assist in the coordination and documentation of TABE Tests.
- Manage the design, implementation and build-out of G-Suite for non-profits.
- Provide data management oversite and confirm entry for different databases
What We Are Looking For:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field.
- You have 3+ years’ experience in the field of Education, a combination of teaching and education leadership.
- You have a knack for engaging youth and the ability to apply positive youth development practices
- You have experience managing education and college preparation programs and achieving results for youth
- You know that communication is key
- You have extensive knowledge of literacy and math instruction and are to think outside of the box for current trends in the teaching field
- Expertise in curriculum development and providing professional development for team
- Familiarity with differentiated instruction for learners
- You are a relationship builder with colleagues to promote successful outcomes for youth
- A plus if you are proficient in Spanish, French, or Mandarin.
Why You Should Join Our Team
- You’re part of a mission-driven organization that empowers NYC youth
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 15 vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year)
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Hours: Monday through Friday, 35 hours per week, occasional evening and weekend hours as needed
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus generous benefits package
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.