Overview: The Door is an unparalleled model for youth development, offering a comprehensive range of integrated services within a single site for nearly 11,000 New York City youth each year. Our mission is to empower young adults to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof. By providing participants with our suite of integrated services, we seek to provide any motivated young person with the tools, resources, and opportunities needed to successfully transition to adulthood.
Under the supervision of the Director of Data Systems & Program Evaluation, the Supervisor of Data & Evaluation will support the health center and counseling teams in maintaining the electronic health record database, generating funder reports, and training medical and behavioral health staff on data entry best practices. The Supervisor will be a strategic leader within the practice and actively seek opportunities for innovation through technology and analytics.
- Establish a data driven culture within the health center and counseling departments; use analytics to assist Program Directors in developing and monitoring programmatic outcomes and strategy goals.
- Use technology to drive efficiency within the health center; assist in implementing EHR system enhancements.
- Participate as a member of a team of data specialists to build out agency-wide data standards and data model for outcome tracking.
- Manage reporting portfolio for the Health Center and Counseling Center – prepare data for internal performance management, funder reports and grant proposals.
- Ensure data is entered in an accurate and timely manner by building dashboards and other data monitoring tools and following up with staff.
- Serve as system administrator for the health center’s shared electronic health record (eClinicalWorks); provide ongoing trainings to staff on data entry best practices.
- Develop quality assurance mechanisms for all contracts and grants to ensure service delivery is in compliance with contract and grant requirements.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team; attend all staff meetings and participate in committee meetings for program areas.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3+ years’ experience managing data in a healthcare setting
- Experience administering electronic health records required, eClinicalWorks experience highly preferred
- Experience with Business Intelligence software, IBM Cognos experience a plus
- Intermediate SQL knowledge required
- Experience with Salesforce administration a plus
- Knowledge of local, state and federal reporting requirements, which may include UDS, PCMH, HEDIS, FPAR, AIRS
- Some knowledge of Medicaid/financial reporting
- Experience analyzing data related to healthcare service delivery; comfort translating complex data concepts to staff and presenting findings in meetings to advocate for programmatic improvements
- Ability to collaborate with staff at all technological skill levels to implement system enhancements and data entry best practices to drive efficiency and further strategic goals
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of positive youth development.
- Ability to maintain close attention to detail in a fast paced environment while adhering to competing deadlines
- Knowledgeable of and ability to apply positive youth development principles to working with young people
Hours: Monday through Friday, 35 hours per week, occasional evening and weekend hours as needed
Salary: Commensurate based on experience, plus benefits package
Contact: Send cover letter and resume – APPLY