The Door empowers young people to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof.
The Door’s Career and Education Services Department in Soho and the South Bronx supports young people in completing secondary education and successfully transitioning into post-secondary education and employment. As the Supervisor of Foster Care Youth, you are responsible for coordinating all supportive services for youth in and aging out of care at the Career and Education Department, managing partnerships with foster care agencies throughout New York City, and supervising a team dedicated to foster care youth in both Bronx and Soho locations.
What You Will Be Doing
- Collaborate with the management team to identify youth and connect them to services
- Manage partnerships with foster care agencies and serve as the main point of contact
- Partner with the Assistant Director of System Involved Youth to engage youth aging out of foster care for the Academy and other programs at The Door.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to staff on issues related to youth in and aging out of foster care.
- Utilize the data management system to collect and track data on youth in and aging out of foster care
- Review data to identify participant needs and inform program services.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary staff to develop and facilitate programming and events.
What We Are Looking For:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in social work, counseling, or related field.
- You have 2+ years of experience in a social service setting working with a diverse youth.
- You have 2+ years of experience providing career development services.
- You have a knack for engaging youth and the ability to apply positive youth development practices
- You know that communications is key. You build relationships and collaborate with team. You can create and facilitate presentations.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and model work readiness skills and appropriate workplace behavior at all times.
- A huge plus if you have experience working with youth in and aging out of foster care.
Why You Should Join Our Team
- You’re part of a mission driven organization that empowers NYC youth
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 15 vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year) , 12 sick days, 3 personal days
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Hours: Full time, occasional evening and weekend hours as needed
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.