Supervisor: Assistant Director of Career and Education Pathways
Overview: The goal of The Door’s Career and Education Services Department is to support young people in completing secondary education and successfully transitioning into post-secondary education and employment. Programs within the Career and Education Services Department (CareerED) are designed to help both in-school and out-of-school youth to set and attain their educational and career goals. CareerED services allow a young person to craft a personalized life plan defining the steps he/she will take to achieve those goals while developing the necessary skills for future life success and independence. The Door’s Bronx Youth Center aims to prepare out-of-school and out-of-work young people for meaningful placements in college and/or employment through the provision of comprehensive education and career services, which develop potential for economic self-sufficiency.
The Supervisor of Training – Woodlawn at the Bronx Youth Center will be responsible for coordinating work readiness training and the development of employment, internship, and training placements as well as ensuring young people are completing internships and retaining employment and educational opportunities for one year. The Supervisor of Training-Woodlawn will also be responsible for supervising a multi-disciplinary team, coordinating, developing and stewarding outside partner relationships and assisting in case management leadership for all Advance and Earn Participants.
- Provide training, support and supervision to dedicated team of staff, including Career Advancement Coaches and Job Placement Specialists.
- Track and ensure that employment, training, and internship placements and ensure that contractual/funding and organizational expectations for placement and retention of young people in jobs, internships, and training are meet on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Work with placement team to develop and manage a range of internship, job, and training opportunities.
- Analyze current job market trends to inform decisions regarding the most valuable career development trainings to provide to young people with system-involved backgrounds and the most promising industries to direct them to through external partnerships, including training, internships and job placement opportunities.
- Coordinate with the coach team to match young people with appropriate training and/or placement opportunities to prepare them to participate in existing and emerging industries.
- Create and maintain a network of partners across higher education institutions, training programs, businesses, and organizations that can provide training services and/or serve as a conduit to further career opportunities, including long-term career growth and increased income potential.
- Streamline work readiness curriculum and coordinate implementation of work readiness workshops and job search workshops and activities
- Work with Bronx Youth Center Assistant Directors, Supervisors, and Director to ensure sufficient career readiness and professional development workshops are offered to participants.
- Develop program activities and workshops to keep participants engaged during the placement search process
- Ensure staff are entering all placement in Bronx Youth Center data management system.
- Responsible for the data entry and committal of all paid internship hours, case notes and enrollment of participants within DYCD Advance as well as the oversight and supervision of Salesforce client services documentation and task assignment.
- Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team to increase our services to youth and to continually make adjustments to provide the appropriate individualized program plans for each young person.
- Collect and maintain all Bronx Youth Center program documentation and case records pursuant to data management procedures and contractual obligations.
- Attend all relevant meetings, trainings, workshops and outside events.
- Handle any appropriate responsibilities and functions as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in social work, Licensed Master’s Degree in social work highly desired
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in youth development, workforce development, or education fields required
- Knowledge of and ability to apply positive youth development principles to working with young people
- Previous experience with program development and government and performance-based contract management required
- Demonstrated knowledge of educational/vocational, social service, and health/mental health programs for young adults
- Strong assessment skills
- Ability to create and facilitate workshops and trainings
- Ability to closely collaborate with colleagues and function as part of a team to promote successful outcomes for youth
- Ability to model work readiness skills and appropriate work place behavior at all times
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment
- Proficiency in Spanish, French or Mandarin preferred
Why You Should Join Our Team
- You’ll be part of mission driven organizations that empower NYC residents of all ages
- 15 days of Vacation days in your first year (20 after the first year)
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Transit Program
- 403b retirement plan with up to a 6% employer match
Hours: Monday through Friday, 35 hours per week, occasional evening and weekend hours as needed
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus generous benefits package
Contact: Please submit your cover letter and resume to APPLY!