Position: Temp Payroll Assistant
Supervisor: Payroll Manager
Overview: Working in a shared service environment, the Payroll Assistant position will work with The Door, Broome Street Academy two independent 501c3 that share a CEO and administrative/back office functions.
The Door is an unparalleled model for youth development, offering a comprehensive range of integrated services within a single site for nearly 11,000 New York City youth each year. Our mission is to empower young adults to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof. By providing participants with our suite of integrated services, we seek to provide any motivated young person with the tools, resources, and opportunities needed to successfully transition to adulthood.
A major initiative within The Door, Broome Street Academy is a unique charter high school that prepares New York City’s most vulnerable youth for a successful future through rigorous academics paired with supports of The Door.
- Assist the Payroll department with day-to-day office needs
- Responsible for entering employee changes into ADP Workforce Now as directed
- Assist with processing of biweekly payrolls, employee changes data entry, timesheet review and resolving employee pay issues.
- Assist in resolving all payroll related queries in a confidential and professional manner.
- Coordinate distribution of employee’s bi-weekly paychecks and assist with manual checks when needed
- Generate bi-weekly/monthly standard payroll reports
- Responsible for garnishment processing and tracking through ADP
- Review all Direct Deposit and Tax withholding changes.
- Prepare bi-weekly/monthly payments such as union dues, BSA 403B and ADP Invoices as well as various others related to the work of the department; work closely with Finance staff to resolve payment or invoice questions
- Assist with HR and Finance Department inquiries and various audit requests
- Maintain payroll documents on Data Cloud
- Responsible for filing, archiving, faxing, photocopying and handling other general correspondence for the payroll department
- Maintain office supplies inventory and complete orders as necessary
- Complete other relevant tasks or special projects as assigned by the supervisor
- Associate’s degree required
- 1-2 years’ experience working in an office environment required (HR, payroll, non-profit setting a plus)
- Experience with ADP software helpful
- Proficiency with MS Office programs, intermediate skill required in Excel
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must be professional and personable yet have the ability to exercise sound judgment when dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
Hours: 35 hours per week
Submit your cover letter and resume to APPLY
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.