Supervisor: Director of Facilities
Overview: Founded in 1972, The Door empowers educationally and economically disadvantaged youth to reach their potential by providing a complete range of services all under one roof. Each year over 11,500 young people from all five New York City boroughs come to The Door for primary health care, reproductive care and health education, mental health counseling, legal services, supportive housing, HSE, ESL, tutoring and homework help, college preparation and computer classes, career & education services, job placement, daily meals, cultural arts and services.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Clean rooms and common areas
- Empty trash receptacles and ensure all garbage is taken out at the end of each respective shift
- Use floor equipment to maintain all floor and carpet surfaces
- Follow recycling schedule and dispose of cardboard boxes, paper and all other recyclable materials
- Clean and replenish supplies as needed
- Inform supervisor of needed supplies in a timely manner
- Report to work location for snow or other emergency situations; clears snow and ice from entrances and walkways
- Clean hard to reach places and completes high dusting
- Cleans refrigerators and kitchen equipment
- Communicate with supervisor of any needed repairs in a timely manner
- Maintain good working relationship with supervisor and co-workers.
- Maintain and replenish cleaning and other maintenance supplies and keep running inventory
- Set up and dismantle chairs, tables and equipment based on program needs and according to daily schedule
What We Are Looking For:
- You have a High School diploma or HSE.
- Must have good communication skills and be able to read and write in English
- You can lift at least 75 lbs.
Salary and Hours: full-time (35 hours, 10a-6p schedule), hourly, temporary (three month period), in-person in facility position.
Contact: please submit your resume to APPLY!
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.