The Door empowers young people to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof.
As the Medical Assistant, you will provide basic patient care and medical procedures.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Assist in the orientation of the client to the health center
- Provide comfort for clients in the examination room
- Ensure exam rooms are well-stocked and conduct periodic inventory
- Screen charts for routine lab tests and complete appropriate forms to facilitate this process for the practitioner
- Measure height, weight, blood pressure, temperature and pulse for clients
- Work with nurse practitioners, medical doctors, health educators, and other members of the health team
- Maintain the cleanliness and sterilization of equipment
- Assist in emergency measures by knowing the location of emergency equipment or acting as the messenger
- Provide clerical support for the supervisor or the Director of Health Services
What We Are Looking For:
- You have a knack for engaging youth and the ability to apply positive youth development practices.
- Phlebotomy skills (certification or equivalent by a national phlebotomy association)
- High School Diploma or HSE
- You have a strong commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
Why You Should Join Our Team
- You’re part of a mission-driven organization that empowers NYC youth
Hourly rate: $20 per hour
Hours: 35 hours per week
This is a 3-month position.
Contact: Submit Cover letter and Resume to APPLY
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.