The Health Center is open for in-person and telehealth visits:
Monday, 10 am – 6 pm
Tuesday, 2 pm – 6 pm
Wednesday, 10 am – 6 pm
Thursday, 10 am – 6 pm
Friday 10 am – 6 pm
To schedule an appointment, call the health center at 212-453-0222
For questions, text 833-569-0033
- Walk-ins and same day appointments are available for HIV, STD and Pregnancy Testing and Emergency Contraception.
- You can get answers to your health questions by using our free and confidential text line at 833-569-0033. Check out some of our text line’s most common FAQs!
- New and existing patients can click here to book an appointment.
- Existing patients can schedule appointments, check your medical records, review lab results and prescriptions on the Patient Portal or HEALOW app at https://health.healow.com/thedoor.
- After Hours – when the health center is closed, a live after-hours operator will be available to speak with you and will take a message from you. Our medical staff will return your call during the next business day.
If you are in danger, experiencing a life-threatening medical emergency, or need immediate medical attention, call 911 now or go to your local emergency room.
Health Center Services:
The Door’s Health Center offers a full range of comprehensive health services – including primary care, dental, eye care, dermatology, nutrition, and sexual/reproductive care services – to any Door member, no matter your ability to pay or your insurance coverage.
Telehealth – Some visits can also be done as a telehealth visit on your smartphone, computer, or device with a camera. If you do not have a device with a camera, you can use a home or cell phone. We can even do a prescription or birth control refill by telehealth – you can come to the health center to get your refills, go to your local pharmacy to pick it up, or we can even mail your prescription to you!
Primary care services – checkups, physical exams for work, sports, or school, sick visits, vaccinations, seasonal flu shots, and referrals
Sexual and Reproductive care – exams for men and women, HIV counseling and testing, PrEP and PEP, STD testing and treatment, HPV vaccinations, pregnancy testing and options counseling (referrals for prenatal care, adoption, and terminations).
All Birth Control Methods – copper and hormonal IUDs, implant, emergency contraception, pills, the patch, the ring, depo injection, male & female condoms, diaphragms, sponges, spermicides, counseling on natural family planning methods and abstinence education.
Eye Care Services – eye exams, eyeglasses, prescriptions for contacts, tests & treatment for injuries, infections, and allergies
Dental Services – general dental exams and x-rays, fillings, sealants, fluoride treatments, cleanings and basic oral hygiene instruction
Dermatology – treatment for acne and other skin conditions
Nutrition Services – counseling on how to develop healthy eating habits and how to choose delicious and healthy foods
Prescriptions – A medication supply room on site, so we can quickly provide you with a wide range of commonly needed medications without you having to go to the pharmacy.
Lab Services – A laboratory is also on-site, so you do not have to go off site for tests and screenings.
Eligibility and Insurance
- All health care services are confidential.
- You do NOT need permission from your parent or guardian to access reproductive services.
- An Entitlements Counselor is available to assist young people with Medicaid and other entitlements programs in a completely confidential setting.
- Primary care, dental, and eye care services will be provided regardless of your ability to pay.
Health Center Forms
- Before your appointment, please print and fill out:
- The Client Data Sheet (English/Spanish)
- Caregiver Consent Form (English/Spanish)
- You can read the health center’s:
- Patient Bill of Rights and Responsibility (English/Spanish)
- Notice of Privacy Practices (English/Spanish)
- After your appointment, please share your feedback:
- Print/Mail – Patient Feedback Form (English/Spanish)
- Email – PatientFeedback@door.org
After Hours Care
When the health center is closed, an after-hours operator will be available to speak to you. Our medical staff will return your call during the next business day. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 or go to the closest emergency room.
Quality of Care
The Door’s Health Center is a New York State licensed Article 28 facility and a Federally Qualified Health Center. The Health Center is recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a Level-III Patient-Centered Specialty Practice—the highest level of recognition.
Teachers and Agency Staff
Virtual presentations and classes! Let The Door come to you! The Outreach Education Team is available to visit your school or community organization to present on a wide variety of Health Education topics. To schedule a visit to your school or organization, or to visit The Door, please complete this online request form: https://door.org/about-door/visit-outreach/
Surprise Bill Law
The Health Center is required to inform you about the “New York State Emergency Medical Services and Surprise Bills Law”, commonly referred to as the “Surprise Bill Law”, which was passed to protect consumers against unknowingly receiving care from out-of-network providers and facing surprise medical bills. You will not receive a bill from any health care plans with which the Health Center participates with, or from any Hospital with which the Health Center is affiliated.
- Plans that we participate with: New York State Medicaid
- Hospitals that we are affiliated with: Bellevue Hospital Center
The Door’s Health Center is funded in part by the Federal Department of Health and Human Services, New York State Department of Health, New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene, and private grants.