The Door’s Health Center offers comprehensive health services – including primary care, dental, eye care, dermatology, nutrition, and sexual/reproductive – to any Door member, no matter your ability to pay or your insurance coverage. The first step to accessing our health services is to become a member; joining is free and easy!
Once you’re a member, you can make an appointment calling 212-941-9090, extension 3221 or 3222. You will receive an appointment within 48 hours of your request. We also take walk-in appointments for pregnancy testing, HIV testing, and emergency contraception.
If you’re already a patient and want to check your records, request an appointment, and more, check out our patient portal at https://health.healow.com/thedoor.
Our care team provides a wide range of services:
- Primary care services, including checkups, physical exams for work, sports, or school, sick visits, seasonal flu shots, and referrals
- Sexual and reproductive care, including exams for men and women, HIV counseling and testing, STD testing and treatment, HPV vaccinations, pregnancy testing and options counseling (referrals for prenatal care, adoption, and terminations). The health center offers a broad range of acceptable and effective medically approved family planning methods, including: IUDs, implant, emergency contraception, pills, birth control patches, birth control rings, birth control injections, condoms, diaphragms, sponges, spermicides, and counseling on natural family planning methods.
- Eye care services, including eye exams, eyeglasses, prescriptions for contacts, and tests and treatment for injuries, infections, and allergies
- Dental services, including general exams and x-rays, fillings, sealants, fluoride treatments, cleanings and basic oral hygiene instruction
- Dermatology, including treatment for acne and other skin conditions
- Nutrition counseling, so you can eat right and get healthy
- A free and confidential text line, where you can get answers to any of your health questions by texting “thedoor” to 66746. Check out some of our text line’s most common questions and answers!
We have a medication supply room on site, so we can quickly provide you with a wide range of commonly needed medications without you having to go to the pharmacy. A laboratory is also on-site.
Eligibility and Insurance
- All health care services are confidential.
- You do NOT need permission from your parent or guardian to access reproductive services.
- An Entitlements Counselor is available to assist young people with Medicaid and other entitlements programs in a completely confidential setting.
- Medical and dental services will be provided regardless of ability to pay.
If you have any feedback for our Health Center, please fill out the Patient Feedback Form.
Surprise Bill Law
The Adolescent Health Center at The Door is required to inform you about the “New York State Emergency Medical Services and Surprise Bills Law”, commonly referred to as the “Surprise Bill Law” ,which was passed to protect consumers against unknowingly receiving care from out- of –network providers and facing surprise medical bills.
You will not receive a bill from any health care plans with which the Adolescent Health Center participates with, and any Hospital with which the Adolescent Health Center is affiliated.
Plans that we participate with are:
Hospitals that we are affiliated with:
- Bellevue Hospital
The Door’s Health Center is a federally qualified health center, and New York State licensed Article 28 facility. The Health Center is recognized under the National Committee for Quality Assurance PCMH Recognition Program. The Door’s Health Center is funded in part by the Federal Department of Health and Human Services, New York State Department of Health, and New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene.