cli COVID-19 UPDATE
Yes! We are open for virtual telehealth appointments and limited in person services:
Virtual Telehealth Visits – You can use your smart phone, computer, or device with a camera. If you do not have a device with a camera, you can use a home or cell phone. (We can even mail your medications to you!)
- Existing patients can schedule on their own by using the patient portal or HEALOW app at https://health.healow.com/thedoor
- To schedule your Health Center appointment call our reception team Monday – Friday, 10AM-6PM contact,
- Chanda (646) 689-5042
- Adriana (646) 689-4307 (Habla Español)
- To schedule your Counseling appointment call 212-941-9090 ext 3452 or email or email MHintakes@door.org (Habla Español)
- For existing Counseling clients – contact your counselor directly, call 212-941-9090 ext 3452 or email Nashira at email@example.com (Habla Español)
- To ask general questions, Text “THEDOOR” to 66746
- LGBTQIA+ members, join our Skittelz discussion group, email firstname.lastname@example.org for password info
- Wash your hands regularly
- Practice physical distancing
- Always wearing a face covering in public
- Stay home if you’re sick
Safer Sex and COVID-19
Sex is a normal part of life and should always be with the consent of all parties. Decisions about sex and sexuality need to be balanced with personal and public health. During this extended public health emergency, people will and should have sex. Consider using harm reduction strategies to reduce the risk to yourself, your partners, and our community. Information provided by NYC DOH, click here for more info and to read the complete document.
Thank you for choosing The Door for your health care needs. Our commitment to high quality patient care has not changed. We will see our community through this crisis.
The Door Adolescent Health Center and Counseling Services
Other trusted resources for help and support:
At any hour of any day, in almost any language, from phone, tablet or computer, NYC Well is your connection to get the help you need:
- Suicide prevention and crisis counseling
- Free information, help, and emotional support.
- Counselors who will respond without judgment.
- Resources to connect you or someone you care about with ongoing support.
- A service that is free* and confidential (*message & data rates may apply when using the SMS service.)
Text WELL to 65173, Available 24/7/365
Call NYC Well 24/7/365 at 1-888-NYC-WELL (1-888-692-9355).
Survivors of domestic violence may receive temporary housing, emergency shelter and supportive services for themselves and their children. All programs provide a safe environment as well as counseling, advocacy and referral services.
- Domestic violence and abuse can include:
- Hitting, slapping, kicking or using any other kind of physical violence against you
- Forcing you to have sex when you don’t want to, or to do sexual things you don’t want to do
- Threatening to hurt you, your children, or someone else you care about
- Constantly insulting and criticizing you
- Stalking, obsessively checking up on or otherwise trying to control your behavior
If you or someone you know is experiencing this kind of behavior from a partner, please call New York City’s 24 hour Domestic Violence Hotline, 1-800-621-HOPE.
As always, if you are in danger or need immediate medical attention, call 911 now.
The Door’s Health Center offers comprehensive health services – including primary care, dental, eye care, dermatology, nutrition, and sexual/reproductive care services – to any Door member, no matter your ability to pay or your insurance coverage. The first step to accessing our health services is to become a member; joining is free and easy!
If you’re already a patient and want to check your records, request an appointment, and more, check out our patient portal at https://health.healow.com/thedoor.
Health Center Services:
- Primary care services – checkups, physical exams for work, sports, or school, sick visits, vaccinations, seasonal flu shots, and referrals
- Sexual and reproductive care – exams for men and women, HIV counseling and testing, PrEP and PEP, STD testing and treatment, HPV vaccinations, pregnancy testing and options counseling (referrals for prenatal care, adoption, and terminations).
- Contraception – all birth control methods, including: copper and hormonal IUDs, implant, emergency contraception, pills, the patch, the ring, depo injection, male & female condoms, diaphragms, sponges, spermicides, counseling on natural family planning methods and abstinece education.
- Eye Care services – eye exams, eyeglasses, prescriptions for contacts, and tests and treatment for injuries, infections, and allergies
- Dental services – general dental exams and x-rays, fillings, sealants, fluoride treatments, cleanings and basic oral hygiene instruction
- Dermatology – treatment for acne and other skin conditions
- Nutrition Services – counseling on how to develop healthy eating habits and how to choose delicious and healthy foods
- A medication supply room on site, so we can quickly provide you with a wide range of commonly needed medications without you having to go to the pharmacy.
- A laboratory is also on-site, so you do not have to go off site for tests and screenings.
- A free and confidential text line – you can get answers to any of your health questions by texting “thedoor” to 66746. Check out some of our text line’s most common FAQs!
Eligibility and Insurance
- All health care services are confidential.
- You do NOT need permission from your parent or guardian to access reproductive services.
- An Entitlements Counselor is available to assist young people with Medicaid and other entitlements programs in a completely confidential setting.
- Primary care, dental, and eye care services will be provided regardless of your ability to pay.
Health Center Forms
- Before your appointment, please print and fill out:
- You can read the health center’s:
- After your appointment, please share your feedback:
After Hours Care
When the health center is closed, an after-hours operator will be available to speak to you. Our medical staff will return your call during the next business day. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 or go to the closest emergency room.
Quality of Care
The Door’s Health Center is a New York State licensed Article 28 facility and a Federally Qualified Health Center. The Health Center is recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a Level-III Patient-Centered Specialty Practice—the highest level of recognition.
Teachers and Agency Staff
Let The Door come to you! The Outreach Education Team is available to visit your school or community organization to present on a wide variety of Health Education topics. To schedule a visit to your school or organization, or to visit The Door, please complete this online request form: https://door.org/about-door/visit-outreach/
Surprise Bill Law
The Health Center is required to inform you about the “New York State Emergency Medical Services and Surprise Bills Law”, commonly referred to as the “Surprise Bill Law”, which was passed to protect consumers against unknowingly receiving care from out-of-network providers and facing surprise medical bills. You will not receive a bill from any health care plans with which the Health Center participates with, or from any Hospital with which the Health Center is affiliated.
- Plans that we participate with: New York State Medicaid
- Hospitals that we are affiliated with: Bellevue Hospital Center
The Door’s Health Center is funded in part by the Federal Department of Health and Human Services, New York State Department of Health, New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene, and private grants.