Take control of your life and your community
Are you looking to make positive change in your life and your community? The Door offers a range of opportunities to learn key leadership skills that will help you in school, work and everyday life. Taking advantage of the leadership opportunities at The Door can help you to stay in school and pursue future educational opportunities; gain self-confidence and self-esteem; pursue avenues for self-discovery and self-expression; make positive contributions to your community; develop job skills; and understand the issues affecting your community to learn how you can make a difference.
The following leadership opportunities are available:
- PAUS (Peers Against Unsafe Sex) – For young people between the ages of 18-21 who want to become role models and sources of sexual health information in their communities by leading workshops in various middle- and high-schools and other organizations.
- TASI (Teens Against Sexual Ignorance) – Learn and teach others about sexual and reproductive health by leading interactive workshops throughout The Door.
- ServiceWorks – For young people aged 16-24 who are seeking volunteer and leadership opportunities combined with professional development training.
- This Way Ahead – This nine-month program is for young people who are between 16 and 21 years old, currently in school and looking to gain job and leadership skills.
- Youth Council – A group of youth leaders dedicated to making positive changes within The Door and beyond through creative youth-led programming with a broad approach to social justice issues. Youth Council members participate in leadership skill building activities, run groups, facilitate meetings, plan events, and work to make change within the Door community and in the world while serving as liasions between the Door staff and other members.